Continuing my reading of Myra and Shelley’s book “The Leadership Secrets of Billy Graham”, the chapter that deals with laser focusing your life is really making me uncomfortable (which is a good thing…not always fun, but good). Let me share with you some of my favorites, but prepare to have your world messed up for a few days!
- “Throughout history, it was the super achievers–and only the super achievers–who knew when to say “No.” They always knew what to reach for. They knew where to place themselves.” –Peter Drucker
- “No steam or gas drives anything until it is confined. No life ever grows great until it iss focused, dedicated, disciplined.” –Harry Emerson Fosdick
- “Many times it could be said, ‘God loved him and others had a wonderful plan for his life.’ But he kept his focus. Many good things can stand in the way of fulfilling your calling just as much as bad things can. But Billy remained clear on what he was called to do.” –Ravi Zacharias speaking about Billy Graham
- “God called me to preach, and I do not intend to do anything else as long as I live.” –Billy Graham
- “The evangelist is like a man hunting stag. If you want to hunt stag, you can’t shoot at rabbits. If you shott rabbits, you’ll never see a stag.” –Jay Kesler (former Pres. of Youth for Christ and Taylor University)
- “Give me a man who says ‘This one thing I do,’ not ‘These fifty I dabble in.'” –D.L. Moody
- “If you chase two rabbits, both will escape.” –Anonymous
- “The dog has four feet, but he does not walk down four roads at the same time.” –Haitian Proverb
- AND A BIG FAVORITE…
“Our greatest fear should not be of failure, but of succeeding at something that doesn’t really matter.” –Anonymous
Take a few days to chew on this. I’ve still got lots of questions to seek out the answers to!